H&E Equipment Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: HEES) today announced operating results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2011.
FOURTH QUARTER 2011 HIGHLIGHTS
- Revenues increased 24.3% to $217.0 million versus $174.6 million a year ago. Revenues increased 17.8% from the third quarter of 2011.
- Net income increased to $7.9 million in the fourth quarter compared to a net loss of $2.5 million a year ago.
- EBITDA increased 61.3% to $43.4 million from $26.9 million a year ago, yielding a margin of 20.0% compared to 15.4% of revenues a year ago.
- Rental revenues increased 21.4%, or $11.0 million, to $62.6 million on higher time utilization, better rates, and a larger fleet compared to a year ago.
- New equipment sales increased to $86.6 million, reflecting a 36.7% increase from a year ago and an 86.0% increase from the third quarter. Increases in both comparative periods were driven by higher demand for new cranes.
- Gross margins were 25.8% as compared to 23.9% a year ago.
- Rental gross margins increased to 44.5% in the fourth quarter compared to 39.2% a year ago and 44.0% in the third quarter.
- Average time utilization (based on original equipment cost) increased to 72.3%, compared to 67.0% a year ago and 71.8% in the third quarter. Average time utilization (based on units available for rent) increased to 67.3% compared to 62.7% last year and 68.9% in the third quarter.
- Average rental rates increased 6.5% compared to a year ago.
- Dollar utilization was 33.9% in the fourth quarter compared to 30.2% a year ago and 33.7% in the third quarter.
- Rental fleet age at December 31, 2011 was 43.3 months compared to an industry average of approximately 51 months.
John Engquist, H&E Equipment Services’ president and chief executive officer, said, “The fourth quarter was exceptionally strong for our business. Our exposure to the industrial sector continues to be very beneficial for our Company. Activity related to the oil and gas industries, where we are heavily embedded, greatly increased. Commercial construction activity also showed a modest improvement during the quarter and customers demonstrated improved confidence in the recovery by making meaningful capital purchases. Our distribution business, particularly new equipment sales, far exceeded our expectations for the quarter. As a result of these improvements in market conditions and solid execution by our employees, we delivered an impressive 24.3% increase in revenue growth and a 61.3% increase in EBITDA. Net income grew to $7.9 million compared to a net loss of $2.5 million on a year-over-year basis. Every segment of our business generated solid increases in revenue and gross profit.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV