- Revenues increased 24.3% to $217.0 million versus $174.6 million a year ago. Revenues increased 17.8% from the third quarter of 2011.
- Net income increased to $7.9 million in the fourth quarter compared to a net loss of $2.5 million a year ago.
- EBITDA increased 61.3% to $43.4 million from $26.9 million a year ago, yielding a margin of 20.0% compared to 15.4% of revenues a year ago.
- Rental revenues increased 21.4%, or $11.0 million, to $62.6 million on higher time utilization, better rates, and a larger fleet compared to a year ago.
- New equipment sales increased to $86.6 million, reflecting a 36.7% increase from a year ago and an 86.0% increase from the third quarter. Increases in both comparative periods were driven by higher demand for new cranes.
- Gross margins were 25.8% as compared to 23.9% a year ago.
- Rental gross margins increased to 44.5% in the fourth quarter compared to 39.2% a year ago and 44.0% in the third quarter.
- Average time utilization (based on original equipment cost) increased to 72.3%, compared to 67.0% a year ago and 71.8% in the third quarter. Average time utilization (based on units available for rent) increased to 67.3% compared to 62.7% last year and 68.9% in the third quarter.
- Average rental rates increased 6.5% compared to a year ago.
- Dollar utilization was 33.9% in the fourth quarter compared to 30.2% a year ago and 33.7% in the third quarter.
- Rental fleet age at December 31, 2011 was 43.3 months compared to an industry average of approximately 51 months.
H&E Equipment Services Reports Fourth Quarter 2011 And Full Year 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.