Pacific Mercantile Bancorp Stock Upgraded (PMBC)
- PACIFIC MERCANTILE BANCORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, PACIFIC MERCANTILE BANCORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.96 versus -$1.44 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 498.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.97 million to $7.86 million.
- The gross profit margin for PACIFIC MERCANTILE BANCORP is currently very high, coming in at 86.50%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 59.50% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PACIFIC MERCANTILE BANCORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts