BankUnited, Inc. (“BKU”) (NYSE:BKU) announced today the completion of its acquisition of Herald National Bank (“Herald”). BKU also announced today that BankUnited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BKU (“BankUnited”), has converted its charter from a thrift to a national bank now named BankUnited, National Association. In connection with the acquisition of Herald and the charter conversion of BankUnited to a national bank, BKU has become a bank holding company.
Rajinder P. Singh, Chief Operating Officer of BKU, stated, “We are excited to successfully complete the acquisition of Herald. The conversion to a bank holding company and the acquisition of Herald are an integral step in our corporate vision and we remain focused and committed to our future growth plans.”
Based on election results and the average closing price of BKU common stock of $23.32 for the ten trading day period ending on February 28, 2012, and applying the proration provisions set forth in the merger agreement entered into between BKU and Herald, the merger consideration to be received by former Herald shareholders is as follows:
- Herald preferred and common shareholders who made valid cash elections will receive $3.6587 in cash for each share of Herald stock for which they made such an election;
- Herald preferred and common shareholders who made valid stock elections will receive 0.1569 of a share of BKU common stock for each share of Herald stock for which they made such an election; and
- Herald preferred and common shareholders who did not make a valid election will receive 0.1569 of a share of BKU common stock per share of Herald stock for approximately 23% of the shares for which they did not make an election and $3.6587 per share in cash for the remaining shares of Herald stock for which they did not make an election.
Under the merger agreement, fractional shares of BKU common stock will not be issued. Instead, former Herald shareholders will in lieu of receiving fractional shares receive cash based on the average closing price of BKU common stock of $23.32 for the ten trading day period ending on February 28, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV