Kaydon Corporation (NYSE: KDN) today announced that the New York Stock Exchange has established March 27, 2012, as the ex-dividend date for its $10.50 per common share special dividend recently declared by the Board of Directors on February 22, 2012. The dividend of $10.50 per common share is payable on March 26, 2012 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on March 5, 2012.
Pursuant to the rules of the New York Stock Exchange, for dividends of this size relative to a company’s stock price, the date on which that company’s shares will begin to trade without the dividend, or ex-dividend, is the first business day following the payable date. Between the record date and the ex-dividend date the shares trade with a due-bill representing the special dividend.
As a result, shareholders who sell their shares prior to the March 27, 2012, ex-dividend date will also be selling their right to receive the special dividend. Kaydon Corporation common stock will begin trading on an ex-dividend basis beginning March 27, 2012, in accordance with New York Stock Exchange rules.
Kaydon Corporation is a leading designer and manufacturer of custom engineered, performance-critical products, supplying a broad and diverse group of alternative energy, military, industrial, aerospace, medical and electronic equipment, and aftermarket customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV