Updated from 5:33 p.m. ET to include latest share prices and information on Sotheby's Holdings.
Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Finisar reported non-GAAP earnings of $21.9 million, or 23 cents a share, in the three months ended Jan. 29, up slightly from an equivalent profit of $21.5 million, or 23 cents a share, in the second quarter ended in October. Revenue totaled $243 million in the latest quarter, up 0.6% from $241.5 million in the second quarter.
The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for earnings of 22 cents a share in the third quarter on revenue of $245 million.
PetsmartShares of PetSmart (PETM) were weak after the bell as well despite a penny beat by the Phoenix-based pet products retailer in its latest quarter. Amid a 5.5% increase in same-store sales, PetSmart reported fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of $102 million, or 91 cents a share, on sales of $1.64 billion, besting Wall Street's consensus view for a profit of 90 cents a share in the January-ended period on sales of $1.62 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV