6 Easy Improvements That Draw Customers
With a lull between Valentine's Day and Easter, the next major holiday season, now is the time retailers can make inexpensive changes to their shops that could reap massive rewards.
|There are cheap, simple fixes that will bring in more customers to your bricks-and-mortar store.|
1. Optimize store layout and front-of-house presentation.
Getting more customers in the door may be as simple as optimizing your floorspace and improving the flow of customers. Perhaps the store has too much merchandise or it is positioned awkwardly, hindering customers from being able to browse casually through the store.
Small-business coach Paul Foster says business owners should review their store layout and traffic patterns."An outsider can walk into a store and start discovering issues, but because the owner is there every day they don't see it. I would ask the frontline staff how the traffic currently flows through the store and where the hot spots and cold spots are," Foster says. "Based on this information, they can revamp the layout for better use of the space." Kate Koziol, CEO of K Squared Communications, adds that a bricks-and-mortar store should have well-lit and attractive front windows. "Many business owners overlook the dirty window or barking store dog that would discourage customers from entering," she says. 2. Refresh/implement support staff training.
Store owners may also want to make sure their staff is educated on all of the products sold and using sales protocols that you as a business owner put in place, Foster says. "Never assume that all the employees, including part-time
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV