2 Ex-Dividend Stocks With Buy Ratings
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Friday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Thursday to qualify for the next dividend payment: NV Energy (NVE) and Tootsie Roll (TR).
Both stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The electricity company reported last month a fourth-quarter loss of $25.2 million, or 11 cents a share, a swing from year-ago earnings of $14.2 million, or 6 cents."With the period of rapid growth now behind NV Energy, management will focus on cost controls, including keeping operating & maintenance expenses flat, and will look for additional opportunities to reduce interest expense through refinancing opportunities," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a Feb. 23 report. "Plans to file with the [Public Utilities Commission of Nevada] to merge the two utilities have been delayed indefinitely." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 3.3% Rated "B (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin was basically the same as it was a year ago. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $18.50. The stock closed Wednesday at $15.68 and has fallen 4.1% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV