Costco Wholesale (COST), with its subsidiaries, operates membership warehouses that offer its members low prices on a limited selection of branded and selected private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. This stock is trading up 1% at $86.17 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.5 millionAverage Volume: 2.3 million Volume % Change: 90% Shares of COST are moving slightly higher today after the company reported a fiscal second quarter profit that beat Wall Street estimates as the company's low prices continued to attract customers and higher sales. From a technical perspective, COST has triggered a near-term breakout trade today now that the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $86 with high-volume. At last check though, the stock has reversed notably off its daily high of $87.20. Traders should now look for long biased trades if COST can manage to close over $86, or avoid the stock if it closes under $86 and well off the daily highs. If we get the bullish close, then look for COST to re-test its next significant overhead resistance level at $88.43 in the very near future. Costco, one of Renaissance Technologies' holdings, also shows up in Warren Buffett's portfolio as of the most recently reported quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV