Costco Wholesale (COST), with its subsidiaries, operates membership warehouses that offer its members low prices on a limited selection of branded and selected private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. This stock is trading up 1% at $86.17 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.5 millionAverage Volume: 2.3 million Volume % Change: 90% Shares of COST are moving slightly higher today after the company reported a fiscal second quarter profit that beat Wall Street estimates as the company's low prices continued to attract customers and higher sales. From a technical perspective, COST has triggered a near-term breakout trade today now that the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $86 with high-volume. At last check though, the stock has reversed notably off its daily high of $87.20. Traders should now look for long biased trades if COST can manage to close over $86, or avoid the stock if it closes under $86 and well off the daily highs. If we get the bullish close, then look for COST to re-test its next significant overhead resistance level at $88.43 in the very near future. Costco, one of Renaissance Technologies' holdings, also shows up in Warren Buffett's portfolio as of the most recently reported quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV