FREEHOLD, N.J., Feb. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UMH Properties, Inc. (NYSE Amex: UMH) is pleased to announce that it will ring the ceremonial Closing Bell at the NYSE on March 2, 2012. UMH Properties, Inc. is celebrating its listing on the NYSE. The common stock of the Company will begin trading on the NYSE that same day, after transferring the listings of its common and preferred stock from the NYSE Amex. The Company will retain its stock tickers (NYSE: UMH) for the common shares and (NYSE: UMH Pr A) for the preferred shares.
Eugene W. Landy, Chairman of the Board and Founder, will host the bell ringing and will be joined by the directors and officers of the Company.
Eugene W. Landy, Chairman of the Board, stated, "We are honored to ring The Closing Bell at the NYSE. UMH was founded in 1968 and celebrated its 44th Anniversary last year. Our manufactured home communities continue to provide a high quality alternative to those seeking affordable housing. UMH provides investors with long-term appreciation, recession resistant qualities, and stable income streams. We are very proud of UMH's accomplishments to date and are confident of the Company's prospects in the years to come."
An archived video of the event will be available through the UMH website at www.umh.com, with a link on the homepage.UMH Properties, Inc., a publicly-owned REIT, owns and operates forty-one manufactured home communities with approximately 9,000 total developed homesites located in Indiana, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Tennessee. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities. SOURCE UMH Properties, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV