IYC's eclectic mix of cyclical and defensive-minded firms allows it to secure middle ground between staples- and discretionary-dedicated names in terms of performance.
An often overlooked product, IYC has struggled in the past to gather steam. At this time, the fund boasts $280 million in assets and has an average trading volume of nearly 56,000.
At this size, liquidity issues could potentially present an issue for those looking to quickly move in and out of a position. In reviewing IYC's underlying holdings and performance, however, it becomes clear that this fund is best suited not as a short-term trade, but rather as a small niche holding in a well-balanced portfolio. In the event that size continues to reign supreme in the consumer realm, investors holding IYC stand a strong chance of benefiting.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV