IYC's eclectic mix of cyclical and defensive-minded firms allows it to secure middle ground between staples- and discretionary-dedicated names in terms of performance.
An often overlooked product, IYC has struggled in the past to gather steam. At this time, the fund boasts $280 million in assets and has an average trading volume of nearly 56,000.
At this size, liquidity issues could potentially present an issue for those looking to quickly move in and out of a position. In reviewing IYC's underlying holdings and performance, however, it becomes clear that this fund is best suited not as a short-term trade, but rather as a small niche holding in a well-balanced portfolio. In the event that size continues to reign supreme in the consumer realm, investors holding IYC stand a strong chance of benefiting.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV