Heelys Helix (Photo: Business Wire)
U.S.-based Heelys, Inc. (NASDAQ: HLYS) is releasing 16 new styles this season including two with motion-activated lights, a first for the “wheel-in-the-heel” footwear designer.
“For the 2012 spring/summer season, we’re introducing two Heelys designs that feature motion-activated LEDs – Bolt for boys and Blossom for girls,” said Rick Groesch, Heelys Chief Commercial Officer. “We’re excited about this addition, because now kids don’t have to choose between lights or wheels in their shoes – they can have both.”
The Bolt and Blossom designs are part of the Heelys HX2 product line. Each shoe in the HX2 product line has two removable wheels for better balance and control, making it an ideal choice for less experienced skaters.
“The Heelys HX2 products are perfect for younger children. Not only is it easier to maintain balance, but also the HX2 doesn’t require as much leg strength to lift up your toes to skate,” notes Groesch. “Once you’re used to skating, you can pop out the front wheel and the HX2 becomes a regular pair of Heelys, or you can even take out both wheels and turn them into a normal pair of shoes.”Bolt is named for the lightning bolt pattern on the sides of the shoe. The motion-activated LEDs are hidden beneath the pattern, making the lightning bolt spark to life with every step. Bolt also features a zigzag Velcro closure system instead of laces to allow wearers to put them on and take them off easily. Bolt is available in two color choices in boy’s sizes 12C to 3 and has an MSRP of $54.99. Blossom sports a flower design on the sides of the shoe that is illuminated by the motion-activated LEDs with each step. Like Bolt, Blossom features a zigzag Velcro closure system instead of laces, and it comes in three color choices. Blossom is available in girl’s sizes 12C to 3 and has an MSRP of $54.99.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV