Company: Dunkin' Donuts
Opportunity: Yo, soy!
In many cities, coffee drinkers pledge allegiance to one of two camps -- you are either on Team Starbucks or Team Dunkin' Donuts (DNKN).
The coffee wars may have heated up a bit when Dunkin' Donuts launched a successful IPO last year and has since battled its rival by beefing up a menu of specialty sandwiches. There's one battle, however, it has been losing -- getting on the good side of vegans.
Unlike Starbucks, where it is a standard offering, very few Dunkin' Donuts locations offer soy milk as an alternative to the bovine variety.For the past couple of years, vegan activist groups including Compassion Over Killing and Mercy for Animals have held organized events such as "Ask for Soy Milk Day at Dunkin' Donuts." Thus far, their efforts have been largely ignored, even though a smattering of locations in New York, Maryland and Washington, D.C., have added the option to their menu. It is not just vegans Dunkin' Donuts could appease by offering soy milk. A growing number of lactose-intolerant Americans would also be better served and, perhaps, defect from Starbucks. And while we are at it, has anyone at Dunkin' Donuts ever heard of this thing called "tea"?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV