Company: Best Buy
Opportunity: Take it down a notch
For Best Buy (BBY), we'd suggest some addition by subtraction.
We fully understand the benefit of up-selling, of having employees guide shoppers to add-ons, Geek Squad services and higher-price items. But the hovering one faces while shopping at Best Buy makes the experience almost unbearable at times. Go in to grab a quick DVD and you'll have to run a gantlet of "may I help you," blue shirts and pitches for satellite TV or Blu-ray.
Just take things down a notch, we'd suggest. We understand the plight of bricks-and-mortar retailers in an online age, but irritating customers may be enough to drive away all but the "showrooming" shoppers looking for some hands-on time with an item they plan to buy online.-- Written by Joe Mont in Boston. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joe Mont. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/josephmont. >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV