(Story updated with latest news on AMD and Bank of America)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The top ten performers of the benchmark S&P 500 so far this year include some of the worst performers of last year.
Meanwhile, the S&P 500 is up 8.6%, driven by an improvement in the outlook for the U.S. and eurozone economies over the last six months ago. The European Central Bank's large introduction of its first long term refinancing operation in late December has also been credited with fueling a rally in risk assets.
"The best thing that occurred
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV