With salacious details about the scandal continuing to emerge, and Murdoch now facing bribery charges under U.K.'s domestic anti-bribery laws, the days of quiet on the U.S. side of the pond could rapidly draw to a close.
Reports indicate that, in recent weeks, U.S. authorities, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, have
Certainly, the tepid coverage of the scandal by Murdoch's stateside outlets has not burnished the corporation's U.S. image. Nor did Murdoch's $1 million donation to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in the months leading up to its now high-profile campaign to reform the FCPA.
Meanwhile, a recent Wall Street Journal editorial entitled
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV