Sunrise Senior Living
My final earnings short-squeeze candidate today is Sunrise Senior Living (SRZ), which is set to release numbers on Thursday after the market close. This company is a provider of senior living services in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. Wall Street analysts, on average, expect Sunrise Senior Living to report revenues of $337.09 million on a loss of 7 cents per share.
The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Sunrise Senior Living is very high at 14.5%. That means that out of the 39.50 million shares in the tradable float, 8.08 million shares are sold short by the bears.From a technical perspective, SRZ is currently trading above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has been trading range bound for the past month between $8.38 and around $7.50 a share. A high-volume move outside of that range should set up the next big trend for SRZ post-earnings. If you're bullish on SRZ, I would wait until after it reports earnings and consider long-biased trades if the stock triggers a near-term breakout above $8.38 with high-volume. Look for volume that registers near or well above its three-month average volume of 627,023 shares. If we get that action, this stock has a great chance of making a run at $10 to $11 a share post-earnings. I would look only for short-biased trades or avoid SRZ after earnings if it fails to break out and then trades below some near-term support at $7.50 with volume. If we see that action, I would target a drop back towards its 200-day moving average of $6.91, or down to its next major support zones at $6.50 to $6 a share. To see more potential earnings short squeeze plays, including Motricity (MOTR), Quepasa (QPSA) and Ascena Retail Group (ASNA), check out the Earnings Short Squeeze Plays portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV