3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Feb. 29
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- What's happening in small business today?
1. The president's 2013 budget is a mixed bag for small business. While it's commendable that President Barack Obama is seeking to reduce the federal deficit to $901 billion in his 2013 budget, the changes he is proposing to the Small Business Administration are a mixed bag for small businesses, says Biz2Credit's Rohit Arora.
Obama plans to raise taxes on households making more than $250,000 a year. This could be a drain to small-business owners who pay taxes on their profit at the individual level.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV