GSE Systems, Inc. (“GSE” or “the Company”) (NYSE Amex: GVP), a global energy services solutions provider, today announced new contracts valued at approximately $8.0 million involving nuclear, fossil, and process simulation, tutorials, and consulting services. Each of these projects was awarded during the first quarter of 2012.
Jim Eberle, Chief Executive Officer of GSE, commented, “We believe that these awards evidence the breadth of our energy services solutions portfolio, reflect our global reach, and validate our core operating thesis that, as energy demand continues to rise, the looming shortage of qualified energy operations professionals – many of whom are at or near retirement age - remains a growing industry concern.”
The $8.0 million in new projects are comprised of:
- $3.8 million in contracts for a nuclear plant simulation upgrade in Ukraine using RELAP5-HD and an advanced VVER-1000 core model, plus other modifications to simulators in Sweden and Japan;
- $2.5 million of fossil projects, consisting of a major plant simulator upgrade in South Africa, along with other fossil projects in Korea and the United States;
- $1.1 million in contracts for process simulation applications in the United States and Saudi Arabia, as well as the sale of simulation and computer-based learning modules to a GSE EnVision, Inc. global refining customer; and
- $0.6 million of awards to GSE TAS Engineering Consultants, the majority coming from key customers in France and the United Kingdom .
ABOUT GSE SYSTEMS, INC .GSE Systems, Inc. provides a wide range of simulation and training solutions to the global energy (nuclear and non-nuclear) industry, and is the world leader in nuclear simulation. The Company has over four decades of experience, more than 1,000 installations, and hundreds of customers in over 50 countries spanning the globe. Our software, hardware and integrated training solutions leverage proven technologies to deliver real-world business advantages to the energy, process, manufacturing and government sectors worldwide. GSE Systems is headquartered in Sykesville (Baltimore), Maryland, with offices in St. Marys, Georgia; Tarrytown, New York; Madison, New Jersey; Cary, North Carolina; Chennai, India; Nyköping, Sweden; Stockton-on-Tees, UK; and Beijing, China. Information about GSE Systems is available via the Internet at http://www.gses.com. FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS We make statements in this press release that are considered forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These statements reflect our current expectations concerning future events and results. We use words such as “expect,” “intend,” “believe,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “anticipates,” and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements, but their absence does not mean a statement is not forward-looking. These statements are not guarantees of our future performance and are subject to risks, uncertainties, and other important factors that could cause our actual performance or achievements to be materially different from those we project. For a full discussion of these risks, uncertainties, and factors, we encourage you to read our documents on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those set forth in our periodic reports under the forward-looking statements and risk factors sections. We do not intend to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts