Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacífico Informs
Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V., (NYSE: PAC; BMV: GAP) (“the Company” or “GAP”) has been informed by the Company’s external legal counsel that an ordinary commercial court has issued precautionary measures in a suit commenced by the Company against Mexican stock market brokers to require strict adherence to the Company’s Corporate By-Laws.
The precautionary measures issued against the defendant stock market brokers:
1. Constrain the defendants, in their capacity as intermediaries in the securities market, to act in accordance with Mexican law, the Company’s statutes and market regulations.
2. Obliges the defendants to uphold the Company’s Corporate By-Laws, including Article X which prohibits any shareholder from owning more than 10% of the Company’s capital stock.3. Prohibits the defendants, in their capacity as intermediaries in the securities market, from trading GAP’s shares for an individual, group or group of related entities, that could result in any way in the acquisition of an ownership position that exceeds the 10% maximum allowed by Article X of the Company’s Corporate By-Laws. 4. Prohibits the defendants, in their capacity as intermediaries in the securities market, from acquiring or, in any way, negotiating, the transaction of shares of the Company for Grupo Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V.,Infraestructura y Transportes México, S.A. de C.V, and any other entity that forms part of their business conglomerate, or is related thereto, since those entities have made known that they hold capital stock of the Company in an amount that is above the maximum allowed by Article X of the Company’s By-Laws. Company Description: Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico, S.A.B. de C.V. (GAP) operates twelve airports throughout Mexico’s Pacific region, including the major cities of Guadalajara and Tijuana, the four tourist destinations of Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, La Paz and Manzanillo, and six mid-sized cities: Hermosillo, Guanajuato, Morelia, Aguascalientes, Mexicali and Los Mochis. In February 2006, GAP’s shares were listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “PAC” and on the Mexican Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “GAP”. This press release may contain forward-looking statements. These statements are statements that are not historical facts, and are based on management’s current view and estimates of future economic circumstances, industry conditions, company performance and financial results. The words “anticipates”, “believes”, “estimates”, “expects”, “plans” and similar expressions, as they relate to the company, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Statements regarding the declaration or payment of dividends, the implementation of principal operating and financing strategies and capital expenditure plans, the direction of future operations and the factors or trends affecting financial condition, liquidity or results of operations are examples of forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the current views of management and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. There is no guarantee that the expected events, trends or results will actually occur. The statements are based on many assumptions and factors, including general economic and market conditions, industry conditions, and operating factors. Any changes in such assumptions or factors could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.