- Libya, while getting better, is still not up to prewar levels of production and there is no real central government in place.
- Nigeria may blow up at any time. Venezuela is very close to Iran and has a leader who regularly confiscates private property.
- After it takes power, the Islamist government in Egypt may close the Suez Canal during a crisis and support war with Israel.
- Iran is already a seething problem that could blow up into a major crisis. High oil prices now may cut world growth.
- Mexico could have unrest that could curtail oil production. A large portion of Saudi Arabian and Kuwaiti oil could be locked in if the Iranians go to war in the Gulf.
- What would Muslim oil exporters do if another Muslim country such as Iran were attacked by Israel or the U.S.?
- Bahrain is having its problems too with Shiites as well as disturbances by Shiites in the eastern provinces of Saudi Arabia, who are sympathetic to Iran. A lot of Saudi Arabia's oil is in its eastern provinces.
- Syria is destabilized and could bring in Turkey and Iran and Iraq to name a few. Iraq is trying to increase its oil production, but it is unstable, too.
Mr. President, Time to Embrace Nat Gas
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.