- Libya, while getting better, is still not up to prewar levels of production and there is no real central government in place.
- Nigeria may blow up at any time. Venezuela is very close to Iran and has a leader who regularly confiscates private property.
- After it takes power, the Islamist government in Egypt may close the Suez Canal during a crisis and support war with Israel.
- Iran is already a seething problem that could blow up into a major crisis. High oil prices now may cut world growth.
- Mexico could have unrest that could curtail oil production. A large portion of Saudi Arabian and Kuwaiti oil could be locked in if the Iranians go to war in the Gulf.
- What would Muslim oil exporters do if another Muslim country such as Iran were attacked by Israel or the U.S.?
- Bahrain is having its problems too with Shiites as well as disturbances by Shiites in the eastern provinces of Saudi Arabia, who are sympathetic to Iran. A lot of Saudi Arabia's oil is in its eastern provinces.
- Syria is destabilized and could bring in Turkey and Iran and Iraq to name a few. Iraq is trying to increase its oil production, but it is unstable, too.
Mr. President, Time to Embrace Nat Gas
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.