According to the Journal report, Bank of America would consider selling its Texas branches, along with its U.S Trust wealth management subsidiary, it the company were forced to raise capital "in a market shock or severe economic downturn."
Wells Fargo Bank, NA -- held by Wells Fargo (WFC) is in third place for Texas Deposits, with a 9% share as of June 30, 2011, declining slightly from a year earlier. Wells Fargo has another subsidiary -- Wells Fargo Bank South Central, NA -- with a 3% Texas deposit market share as of June 30, 2011.
The bank headquartered in Texas with the largest deposit market share is fourth-place USAA Federal Savings Bank, with an 8% share as of June 30, 2011, increasing from 7% a year earlier.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV