The next franchise that we really have which is CMV, Cytomegalovirus is a herpes family virus, the apartment that with Astellas, we’ve completed a Phase 2 study we’ll be starting a Phase 3 study in the first half of this year, but Astellas has two indications, one is for the treatment of transplant patient, the second is treatment for females of child-bearing age who get CMV during pregnancy, first time [after] pregnancy.
I will talk more about that in terms of what the opportunity there, and then we announced in the last earnings call that we are embarking in herpes simplex 2 program, which is a therapeutic vaccine for treatment for patients, who have HSV-2 positive, will get lesion recurrences, given idea what size that market is, the big commercial opportunity, a ability to run that trial very quickly. We have a number of key validating partnerships, and the uniqueness about Vical is we do everything in-house.
And you may say why you do in-house because you need to be in control of your destiny, people who don’t do things in-house in fact apart those things out to third-parties, in the end realize that the devil is in the details in this business. We even have our own manufacturing facility, we are one of the few companies in Southern California, which has a biological manufacturing facility, and we have a strong balance sheet. We raised some money now, we have $100 million plus in cash, a burn rate guidance is about $20 million plus.
So there is only upside in terms of what we are doing. So Allovectin-7 the lead program, it’s a first-in-class immunotherapy, before immunotherapy was enrolled, we’ve been working on it for a long time, it’s licensed originally from University of Michigan from Gary Nabel Lab, it has gone in about 900 patients, so far in a variety of dosage forms, the dose that we are using currently is 2 milligrams, okay, which is the highest dose that we’ve used in clinical applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV