Romney Triumphs in Michigan, Arizona
Updated from 9:11 p.m. ET with latest voting results.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mitt Romney triumphed Tuesday night on his campaign's most crucial day thus far, as the former Massachusetts governor seized Michigan to dispel fears of a loss in his childhood state and handily won Arizona.
- A Santorum campaign source said that the former Pennsylvania called Romney: "Congratulated him on a good night," but "not 'conceded.' "
- The Associated Press reporting:
- Michigan results: Romney 41.7%; Rick Santorum 37.3%; Ron Paul 11.5%; Newt Gingrich 6.7%. Precincts reporting: 63.2%;
- Arizona results: Romney 49.7%; Santorum 24.2%; Gingrich 16%; Paul 8.5%. Precincts reporting: 27.1%;
- Romney has bagged Arizona's 29 winner-take-all delegates.
When asked at 9:40 p.m. ET if Santorum could make up their trailing margin to Romney, the source said in a message: "Doubt it, but we'll win some congressional districts and some delegates."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV