Tangoe, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNGO), a leading global provider of Communications Lifecycle Management (“CLM”) software and related services, today announced the release of Tangoe Real-Time Telecom Expense Management (“Tangoe rTEM”), a portfolio of capabilities designed to eliminate “bill shock” resulting from unexpected mobile device charges. Tangoe rTEM is available to businesses of all sizes as well as to mobile service providers as a value-added offering to their customers.
The proliferation of mobile devices and related applications continues to complicate mobile cost containment efforts of organizations around the world. Governments have been debating regulations mandating that service providers offer bill shock prevention to their customers. The implications of bill shock negatively affect all parties involved: individuals, businesses, and carriers.
Tangoe rTEM can help reduce costs by proactively monitoring, reporting, and analyzing mobile data, voice, SMS, and roaming consumption across a wide array of device operating systems and carrier networks. In addition to real-time capabilities, Tangoe rTEM provides predictive analysis, visibility and control over mobility usage and associated costs. This helps individuals and businesses avoid excessive charges before they are incurred.
“In today’s mobile environment, many users regularly exceed their plan limits which leads to bills that are much higher than expected. Overages are typically caused by a mismatch between usage and service plans as well as a lack of usage awareness by the individual, culminating in user bill shock, frustration, dissatisfaction, and carrier billing disputes,” said Dan Rudich, senior vice president of Tangoe rTEM business development. “With Tangoe rTEM, mobile users and administrators now have visibility and control over their mobile usage. In addition, mobile service providers can utilize Tangoe’s rTEM solution to help their clients avoid bill shock, improve customer satisfaction, and reduce their operating costs. That’s a win for all parties involved.”rTEM’s Benefits:
- Proactive cost management – help eliminate billing surprises through real-time device monitoring and notification of data, voice, SMS, and roaming usage.
- Policy enforcement and monitoring – increase control and reduce costs through monitoring and enforcement of device policies. Tangoe rTEM alerts users and administrators of roaming usage, projected cost overages and changes in usage patterns.
- Increased cost visibility – Tangoe rTEM can be used to audit bills from virtually all carrier billing systems and for all of today’s leading mobile device platforms.
- 24/7 access to usage data – manage expenses using a cloud-based solution that provides round-the-clock, real-time data.
- Plan Optimization – Tangoe rTEM enables the optimization and management of multiple international plan types with easy creation and administration of new or custom plans.
- Roaming Control – Tangoe rTEM alerts users to roaming usage and tracks roaming, data, voice, and SMS usage on their device. In addition, administrators have 24/7 access to roaming and usage information for any number of mobile devices, from each single device or an entire fleet of mobile devices.
- End User Alerting & Audit Trail – Tangoe rTEM provides alerts based on plan threshold limits and tracks these alerts and user responses in an audit trail, documenting user actions related to the alerts.
- Mobile Policy Enforcement – Based on configurable business rules and thresholds, Tangoe rTEM can automatically close data-intensive applications and turn off device radios when usage exceeds plan limits or when devices are roaming internationally.
- Interface Monitoring – Tangoe rTEM tracks the usage of all available interfaces on the device and generates reports on Wi-Fi vs. cellular usage, usage over time, and common SSID usage.
- Carrier System Integration – Tangoe rTEM collects all of a device’s application usage data. For example, Tangoe rTEM can monitor and display data, voice and SMS usage continuously or at scheduled intervals and synchronize usage data with corporate billing systems to verify actual usage is in alignment with carrier invoices. By comparing actual usage and plan data, Tangoe rTEM can initiate plan change notifications that can further reduce or eliminate overage costs.
- Anomaly Detection – Tangoe rTEM tracks the mobile data usage on a device and compares it in real-time to configured anomalies and then alerts users, administrators or carrier personnel of these anomalous events.
- Plan Status – Tangoe rTEM can display a “plan status” icon on devices to provide a clear visual indication to the user about their usage compared to plan. The icon changes from green, to yellow, to red as thresholds and plan limits are reached, making users aware in real-time of device usage compared to carrier plan.
- GPS Tracking – Tangoe rTEM combines a device’s GPS data with a web-based tracking system for accurate device location tracking. Utilizing easily configured rules, users or businesses can log into a website and view current and past device locations.
- Trial Management System – It is common for carriers to release devices to business on a “trial” basis. Typically, at the end of this trial period, the user remains unclear on how they used the device and what plan they should purchase. With Tangoe rTEM, carriers can automatically generate and e-mail a detailed trial usage report to the customer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV