Compañia de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A. (“Buenaventura” or “the Company”) (NYSE: BVN; Lima Stock Exchange: BUE.LM), Peru’s largest, publicly-traded precious metals mining company, announced today results for the fourth quarter 2011. All figures have been prepared in accordance with Peruvian GAAP and are stated in U.S. dollars (US$).
Comments from the Chief Executive Officer:
Mr. Roque Benavides, Buenaventura’s Chief Executive Officer, stated:
“Net income in the fourth quarter reached US$230.9 million, which was similar to the figure reported in 4Q10 (US$228.1 million). EBITDA from Buenaventura’s Direct Operations was US$198.3 million, 15% lower than the figure reported in 4Q10 (US$232.8 million), while EBITDA including Yanacocha and Cerro Verde decreased 9%, from US$457.0 million in 4Q10 to US$415.6 million in 4Q11.The lower gold, zinc and copper volume sold were offset by the increase in silver volume sold, as well as higher precious metal prices.”
|Financial Highlights (in millions of US$, except EPS figures):|
|4Q11||4Q10||Var%||FY 2011||FY 2010||Var%|
|EBITDA (BVN Direct Operations)†||198.3||232.8||-15%||834.3||538.6||55%|
|EBITDA (inc. Yanacocha and Cerro Verde)†||415.6||457.0||-9%||1,662.1||1,322.8||26%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV