The conference call also will be broadcast live over the Internet and will be available for replay through June 30, 2012. The live broadcast and replay can be accessed through the Investor Information portion of the Company’s Web site at www.ferro.com. A podcast of the conference call will also be available on the Company’s Web site.
About Ferro Corporation
Ferro Corporation ( http://www.ferro.com) is a leading global supplier of technology-based performance materials for manufacturers. Ferro materials enhance the performance of products in a variety of end markets, including electronics, solar energy, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, building and renovation, appliances, automotive, household furnishings, and industrial products.
Headquartered in Mayfield Heights, Ohio, the Company has approximately 5,100 employees globally and reported 2011 sales of $2.2 billion.Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements Certain statements in this press release may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Federal securities laws. These statements are subject to a variety of uncertainties, unknown risks and other factors concerning the Company’s operations and business environment. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by these forward-looking statements and that could adversely affect the Company’s future financial performance include the following:
- demand in the industries into which Ferro sells its products may be unpredictable, cyclical or heavily influenced by consumer spending;
- uncertainty in the development of the solar energy market;
- restrictive covenants in the Company’s credit facilities could affect its strategic initiatives and liquidity;
- Ferro’s ability to access capital markets, borrowings, or financial transactions;
- the effectiveness of the Company’s efforts to improve operating margins through sales growth, price increases, productivity gains, and improved purchasing techniques;
- implementation of new business information systems and processes;
- the availability of reliable sources of energy and raw materials at a reasonable cost;
- currency conversion rates and economic, social, regulatory, and political conditions around the world;
- Ferro’s presence in the Asia-Pacific region where it can be difficult to compete lawfully;
- increasingly aggressive domestic and foreign governmental regulations on hazardous materials and regulations affecting health, safety and the environment;
- Ferro’s ability to successfully introduce new products;
- sale of products into highly regulated industries;
- limited or no redundancy for certain of the Company’s manufacturing facilities and possible interruption of operations at those facilities;
- Ferro’s ability to complete future acquisitions or successfully integrate future acquisitions into our business;
- the impact of the Company’s performance on its ability to utilize significant deferred tax assets;
- competitive factors, including intense price competition;
- Ferro’s ability to protect its intellectual property or to successfully resolve claims of infringement brought against the Company;
- the impact of operating hazards and investments made in order to meet stringent environmental, health and safety regulations;
- stringent labor and employment laws and relationships with the Company’s employees;
- the impact of requirements to fund employee benefit costs, especially post-retirement costs;
- the impact of interruption, damage to, failure, or compromise of the Company’s information systems;
- manufacture and sale of products into the pharmaceutical industry;
- exposure to lawsuits in the normal course of business;
- risks and uncertainties associated with intangible assets;
- Ferro’s borrowing costs could be affected adversely by interest rate increases;
- liens on the Company’s assets by its lenders affect its ability to dispose of property and businesses;
- Ferro’s ability to successfully implement and/or administer our restructuring programs and produce the desired results;
- Ferro may not pay dividends on its common stock in the foreseeable future; and
- other factors affecting the Company’s business that are beyond its control, including disasters, accidents, and governmental actions.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.