1. Cardinal Financial
Shares of Cardinal Financial (CFNL) of McLean, Va., closed at $10.42 on Monday, pulling back 3% year-to-date, following a 7% decline in 2011.
The company's ROA ranged from 1.14% to 1.56% during 2011.The shares trade for 1.2 times tangible book value and for 11 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of 95 cents. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is 94 cents. BB&T Capital Markets analyst Cary Morris has a "hold" rating on Cardinal Financial, saying on Jan. 19 that "we like the CFNL story given their best-in-class credit metrics, full capital levels and solid profitability results. However, the volatility and relative contribution of the mortgage company is reflected" in the shares relatively low multiple to book value. Morris added that he "would look for a better entry point or more positive economic news to become more constructive on the shares at this time." Interested in more on Cardinal Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Bank Stocks That Won't Bankrupt You portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. To contact the writer, click here: Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV