2. Home Bancshares
Home Bancshares (HOMB) of Conway, Ark., has seen its stock decline 1% year-to-date, to $25.55 on Monday, following a remarkable 19% return in 2011.
The company had $3.6 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30, with branch operations in Arkansas and Florida, and it was a strong and steady earnings performer during 2011, with ROA ranging from 1.46% to 1.58%.Home Bancshares on Feb. 16 completed the purchase of all 17 branches of Vision Bank of Panama City, Fla., from Park National Corp. (PRK), for $27.9 million. The shares trade for 1.8 times tangible book value and 12.5 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $2.04. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $2.13. FIG Partners analyst Brian Martin has an "outperform" rating on Home Bancshares, with a $29 price target, saying on Jan. 23 that "the game plan heading into 2012 is M&A," including possible failed bank acquisitions as well as traditional deals, after "good pricing discipline prevented any M&A from occurring in 2011 as HOMB was an active bidder." Interested in more on Home Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV