2. Home Bancshares
Home Bancshares (HOMB) of Conway, Ark., has seen its stock decline 1% year-to-date, to $25.55 on Monday, following a remarkable 19% return in 2011.
The company had $3.6 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30, with branch operations in Arkansas and Florida, and it was a strong and steady earnings performer during 2011, with ROA ranging from 1.46% to 1.58%.Home Bancshares on Feb. 16 completed the purchase of all 17 branches of Vision Bank of Panama City, Fla., from Park National Corp. (PRK), for $27.9 million. The shares trade for 1.8 times tangible book value and 12.5 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $2.04. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $2.13. FIG Partners analyst Brian Martin has an "outperform" rating on Home Bancshares, with a $29 price target, saying on Jan. 23 that "the game plan heading into 2012 is M&A," including possible failed bank acquisitions as well as traditional deals, after "good pricing discipline prevented any M&A from occurring in 2011 as HOMB was an active bidder." Interested in more on Home Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV