4. Trustmark Corp.
Shares of Trustmark Corp. (TRMK) of Jackson, Miss., closed at $24.08 Monday, down 1% year-to-date, following a 2% return in 2011. Based on a 23-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.82%.
The company had $9.7 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30, with branch operations in Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas. Trustmark has a deal in place to acquire Bay Bank & Trust Co. of Panama City, Fla., for $22 million in cash and stocks. Bay Bank & Trust had $233 million in assets as of Dec. 30.Trustmark's ROA in 2011 ranged between 1.01% and 1.31%. The shares trade for 1.8 times tangible book value and 15 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $1.58. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $1.63. Sterne Agee analyst Peyton Green has a neutral rating on Trustmark, and says the relatively high valuation for the shares "takes into account TRMK's solid returns (ROA: 1.1%; [return on tangible equity]: 12%) and a high likelihood that TRMK will be a winner in the forthcoming M&A wave that seems likely to build over the next two years." Interested in more on Trustmark? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV