4. Trustmark Corp.
Shares of Trustmark Corp. (TRMK) of Jackson, Miss., closed at $24.08 Monday, down 1% year-to-date, following a 2% return in 2011. Based on a 23-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.82%.
The company had $9.7 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30, with branch operations in Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas. Trustmark has a deal in place to acquire Bay Bank & Trust Co. of Panama City, Fla., for $22 million in cash and stocks. Bay Bank & Trust had $233 million in assets as of Dec. 30.Trustmark's ROA in 2011 ranged between 1.01% and 1.31%. The shares trade for 1.8 times tangible book value and 15 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $1.58. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $1.63. Sterne Agee analyst Peyton Green has a neutral rating on Trustmark, and says the relatively high valuation for the shares "takes into account TRMK's solid returns (ROA: 1.1%;
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV