The Company signed new and renewal leases representing 797,000 square feet during 2011 primarily with tenants that required less than 3,000 square feet in multi-cultural neighborhoods, which drives premium rents. Leasing activity increased from the prior year as represented by:
- An increase of 2% in average occupancy for same stores to 86% in 2011 versus 84% in 2010;
- An increase of 1% in total lease value of new and renewal leases signed: $32.3 million in 2011 versus $31.9 million in 2010;
- An increase of 5% in the number of new and renewal leases signed: 312 in 2011 versus 298 in 2010; and
- An increase of 11% in the square footage of new and renewal leases signed: 797,000 for 2011 versus 716,000 in 2010.
Community Centered Properties TM Portfolio Statistics
As of December 31, 2011, Whitestone owned 45 Community Centered Properties TM with approximately 3.6 million square feet of gross leasable area, including two development land parcels, located in five of the top markets in the United States in terms of population growth: Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix and Chicago.
The Company's strategic efforts target entrepreneurial tenants that provide services to the surrounding neighborhood at each Community Centered Property TM. These tenants tend to occupy smaller spaces (less than 3,000 square feet) and, as of December 31, 2011, provided a 69% premium rental rate compared to Whitestone's larger space tenants. The Company currently services 915 tenants throughout its portfolio. No single tenant accounted for more than 2.0% of the Company's annualized base rental revenues as of December 31, 2011.Balance Sheet Whitestone had 19 properties unencumbered by debt as of December 31, 2011, with an undepreciated cost basis of $114 million. The total undepreciated value of the Company's real estate assets and real estate indebtedness were $292 million and $127.9 million, respectively at December 31, 2011. As of December 31, 2011, 72% of the Company's debt was fixed-rate at a blended interest rate of 5.4%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV