LSB Industries, Inc. (NYSE: LXU) announced today record results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2011.
Fourth Quarter 2011 Financial Highlights Compared to Fourth Quarter 2010:
- Net sales were $215.4 million, a 25% increase from $172.2 million;
- Operating income was $41.6 million compared to $30.2 million;
- Net income was $28.0 million compared to $18.0 million;
- Net income applicable to common shareholders was $28.0 million compared to $18.0 million;
- Diluted earnings per common share were $1.19 compared to $.79.
Year 2011 Financial Highlights Compared to Year 2010:
- Net sales were $805.3 million, a 32% increase from $609.9 million;
- Operating income was $136.4 million compared to $55.9 million;
- Net income was $83.8 million compared to $29.6 million;
- Net income applicable to common shareholders was $83.5 million compared to $29.3 million;
- Diluted earnings per common share were $3.58 compared to $1.32.
Discussion of Fourth Quarter of 2011:The $43.2 million increase in consolidated sales includes a $44.8 million or 46% increase in Chemical Business sales and a $3.5 million or 5% decrease in Climate Control Business sales. The $11.4 million increase in consolidated operating income includes an increase of $17.9 million by the Chemical Business and a $6.3 million decrease by the Climate Control Business.
- Although the increase in the Chemical Business operating income reflects higher overall selling prices and volumes, the increase was primarily a result of greater sales volumes and margins on urea ammonium nitrate (“UAN”) produced at the Cherokee Nitrogen and Pryor Chemical facilities.
- In addition to lower comparable quarter sales, the decrease in the Climate Control Business operating income was due to higher material costs, change in product mix, an increase in selling expenses and the competitive environment resulting from continued lower construction activity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV