American Public Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: APEI) – parent company of online learning provider American Public University System (APUS), which operates through American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU) – announced financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2011.
- Net course registrations 1 increased to approximately 95,400 in the fourth quarter of 2011, a year-over-year increase of 36%.
- Net course registrations by new students 1 in the fourth quarter of 2011 increased to approximately 24,600, an increase of approximately 53% over the same period of 2010.
- As of December 31, 2011, there were a total of approximately 110,000 active students at American Public University System, a year-over-year increase of 31%.
- Fourth quarter 2011 revenues increased 34% to $75.7 million, compared to $56.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Income from operations before interest income and income taxes in the fourth quarter of 2011 increased 25% to $19.8 million, compared to $15.8 million in the same period of 2010.
- Net income for the fourth quarter of 2011 increased 35% to $13.0 million, or $0.71 per diluted share, compared to $9.6 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, in the same period of 2010.
- Walmart is proud to add a family benefit to its Lifelong Learning Program in partnership with APU whereby spouses and dependents of eligible Walmart and Sam’s Club associates in the United States can access the program’s Lifelong Learning Grant.
Financial and Other Results:
Total revenues for the fourth quarter of 2011 increased 34% to $75.7 million, compared to total revenues of $56.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. Income from operations before interest income and income taxes in the fourth quarter of 2011 increased 25% to $19.8 million, compared to $15.8 million in the same period of 2010. Stock-based compensation expense reduced operating income by $769,000 in the fourth quarter of 2011 and $624,000 in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV