Philip Morris' Ultra-Safe Dividend
Where is all of this new business coming from? The emerging markets.
In particular, sales to Asia increased nearly 35% in 2011. As economies in developing regions expand, there's a substantial increase in the disposable incomes of their citizens. With a little more money in their wallets, a larger percentage of the population can afford premium international cigarettes.
But of course, we're most interested in the dividend -- and its safety.
Currently, Philip Morris International pays $0.77 per share every quarter. That amounts to $3.08 per share every year, or a 3.7% yield at recent prices.This might not sound like much to write home about, but here's the kicker -- Philip Morris has raised the dividend 67.4% since 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV