Midway Gold Corp. ("Midway" or the "Company") (MDW:TSX-V; MDW:NYSE-AMEX) is pleased to report that Mr. John W. Sheridan has been appointed to its Board of Directors and as chair of its Audit Committee, filling a previously announced vacancy. All three of Midway’s board committees (Audit, Compensation, and Corporate Governance and Nominating) have three independent board members.
Mr. Sheridan is a prominent leader in Canada's business community with a strong track record of success in diverse challenges. He was appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Ballard Power Systems on February 22, 2006. Over the course of a twenty-four year career with Bell Canada, he rose to high impact officer roles including Group Vice President of Business Development, Vice Chairman as well as President and Chief Operating Officer.
In between his positions within Bell Canada, Mr. Sheridan served as CEO of Encom Cable TV and Telecommunications in the UK. He was recognized as an innovative leader in the industry and elected Vice-Chairman of the UK Cable Communication Association in 1994.
Mr. Sheridan has extensive experience in corporate governance, as a director, committee chair and board chair of numerous companies in Canada, the USA, and the UK including Bell Canada, MTS, Aliant and Sun Media Corporation. He currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Dantherm Power, and is a Board member at Ballard and AFCC. He also serves as a member of the Premier's Technology Council and as Chair of the Canadian Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association.Mr. Sheridan holds a Bachelor of Environmental Studies from the University of Waterloo, a Bachelor of Arts from Wilfrid Laurier University’s School of Business and Economics, and a Master of Arts in Economics from Queens University. He has also completed Executive Development Programs at Western, Queen’s and University of Southern California and Harvard Business School.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV