WELLESLEY, Mass., Feb. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Reid Hoffman, Executive Chairman of LinkedIn and partner at Greylock Partners, and Maria Eitel, President and CEO of the Nike Foundation, will serve as the Babson College 2012 graduation speakers.
Hoffman and Eitel and will speak at both the undergraduate and graduate ceremonies on May 19, 2012. Eitel will receive an Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters at the 10:00 a.m. undergraduate ceremony, and Hoffman will receive an Honorary Doctor of Laws during the Master's ceremony at 2:30 p.m.
All graduates will receive a copy of Hoffman's new book, The Start-Up Of You, a blueprint for thriving in your job and building a career by applying the lessons of Silicon Valley's most innovative entrepreneurs.
Reid Hoffman is Executive Chairman of LinkedIn (NYSE: LNKD) and a Partner at Greylock. He co-founded LinkedIn, the world's largest professional networking service, in 2003. As of February 2012, LinkedIn has more than 150 million members in 200 countries. Hoffman led LinkedIn through its first four years and to profitability as CEO and Chairman.Hoffman joined Greylock Partners in 2009. He serves on the boards of Airbnb, Edmodo, Mozilla (Firefox), Shopkick, Swipely, and Zynga. He has co-led investments in Coupons.com, Groupon, and Viki. Reid also leads the Greylock Discovery fund, which invests in seed stage entrepreneurs and companies. The Discovery fund is an extension of his prior angel investing, which included Facebook, Flickr, Last.fm, and Zynga. Hoffman focuses on the consumer internet broadly, including marketplaces, networks, and platforms. Prior to LinkedIn and Greylock, Hoffman served as executive vice president at PayPal, where he was a founding board member.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV