The consumer tech giant confirmed the event in an email but gave no additional details. Rumors have swirled for months that Apple has been gearing up for a March launch for its next generation iPad.
|Apple looks set to launch a new iPad next week.|
Apple, which recently been hitting new highs, sold a record 15.4 million iPads during its recent fiscal first quarter, up from 7.3 million in the same period last year. The stock was rising 1.6% to $534.12 in afternoon action. The session's peak of $534.19 is another all-time high.
The Apple rumor mill has been churning full speed thanks to the iPad 3 with chatter that the tablet will feature Retina Display, an updated processor for improved speed and computing power, a QXGA 1,536 x 2,048-pixel HD display and a longer battery life.There has also been talk that the new iPad will be Long Term Evolution (LTE) ready, capable of running on the 4G networks from AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ). --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV