The consumer tech giant confirmed the event in an email but gave no additional details. Rumors have swirled for months that Apple has been gearing up for a March launch for its next generation iPad.
|Apple looks set to launch a new iPad next week.|
Apple, which recently been hitting new highs, sold a record 15.4 million iPads during its recent fiscal first quarter, up from 7.3 million in the same period last year. The stock was rising 1.6% to $534.12 in afternoon action. The session's peak of $534.19 is another all-time high.
The Apple rumor mill has been churning full speed thanks to the iPad 3 with chatter that the tablet will feature Retina Display, an updated processor for improved speed and computing power, a QXGA 1,536 x 2,048-pixel HD display and a longer battery life.There has also been talk that the new iPad will be Long Term Evolution (LTE) ready, capable of running on the 4G networks from AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ). --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV