The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 23.61 points, or 0.18%, on Tuesday to 13,005.12. It was the blue-chip index's first close above 13,000 since May 2008. The S&P 500 increased 4.59 points to 1,372.18, hitting its own multi-year high, and the Nasdaq Composite advanced 20.6 points to 2,986.76. The Nasdaq is at levels unseen in more than a decade.
Microsoft shares rose 1.58% to $31.84. The stock has been one of the best-performing stocks in the Dow so far this year. The stock has risen 22.42% year to date.Microsoft gets an A grade from TheStreet Ratings with a buy rating and a $36.23 price target. Shares of Intel rose 1.28% to $27.24. The world's biggest chip maker has decided to no longer be a member of the World Semiconductor Trade Statistics group, which follows the semiconductor industry, according to The Wall Street Journal. TheStreet Ratings gives Intel an A+ grade with a buy rating and $31.79 price target. Johnson & Johnson shares increased 1.24% to $65.25. The consumer goods and pharmaceutical company gets a B grade from TheStreet Ratings with a buy rating and $75.19 price target. The biggest percentage decliners in the index were American Express (AXP) and Travelers (TRV). Neither had losses of more than 1%. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV