Western Gas Partners
The midstream energy company reported Monday fourth-quarter earnings of $34.4 million, or 35 cents a unit, up from year-ago earnings of $33.6 million, or 48 cents.
"We view WES as a low-risk and reliable growth story," Morgan Stanley analysts wrote in a report on Monday. "While the stock trades at 18.7x 2012e P/CF (vs. peer group at 14.7x), we believe a premium is warranted for a best-in-class MLP with a visible and sustainable top-tier distribution growth outlook."Shares of Western Gas Partners hit a 52-week high Tuesday of $46. The stock's 52-week low of $30.75 was set on Aug. 5. Western Gas Partners has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 22.45; the average for exploration and production companies is 42.79. For comparison, Tesoro (TSO) has a lower forward P/E of 7.26; Sunoco's (SUN) forward P/E is 24.26. Ten of the 12 analysts who cover Western Gas Partners rated it a buy; two analysts gave it a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Western Gas Partners an A+ grade with a buy rating and a $57.14 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV