- Citibank, NA -- the main banking subsidiary of Citigroup (C - Get Report) -- saw its allowance for loan losses decline by $8.4 billion during 2011, adjusting for the merger of Citibank (South Dakota) N.A. into Citibank, NA, on July 1. Citibank, NA had $24.7 billion in loan loss reserves as of Dec. 30.
- Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) subsidiary FIA Card Services, NA released $7.4 billion in loan loss reserves during 2011. Meanwhile, the company's larger subsidiary Bank of America, NA, released only $542.5 million in reserves during 2011, as the subsidiary was saddled with problem mortgage loans.
- Wells Fargo Bank, NA -- the main banking subsidiary of Wells Fargo (WFC - Get Report) -- released $3.3 billion in reserves. The holding company's returns on average assets (ROA) have ranged from 1.11% to 1.27% over the past five quarters, for the steadiest and strongest performance among the "big four" U.S. bank holding companies.
- JPMorgan Chase's (JPM - Get Report) main banking subsidiary JPMorgan Chase Bank, NA, released only $928 million in reserves during 2011. The company's smaller Chase Bank USA, NA subsidiary saw its allowance for loan losses declined by $2.4 billion during 2011.
Banks Earn $100 Billion Post-Crisis Profit
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.