2012 is shaping up to be a stellar year for social game developer Zynga (ZNGA), a $9.3 billion firm that went public back in December. Despite a rocky start to life as a publicly traded company, shares of the firm have rallied more than 40% in the new year.
Now that there's some trading history behind shares, traders should feel a bit more confident about taking on the setup in Zynga.
There's more to trading a recent IPO than meets the eye (for more on how to trade an IPO, check out Stockpickr's primer on the subject). In Zynga's case, the firm just completed a short-term ascending triangle, breaking out above the $13 resistance level in yesterday's session. Remember, that's the same pattern that we just looked at in LEG.Right now, there's a strong short-term setup in buying Zynga in anticipation of a test of $14.50 resistance. That said, the much more attractive setup comes if Zynga can successfully push above that $14.50 all-time high. Because it's a place where shares have historically stalled a couple of times, a move above $14.50 sends a strong signal that buyers are in control of ZNGA right now. More risk-hungry traders can be buyers now. Zynga shows up on recent lists of 4 Companies Riding Facebook's Wave and 3 Tech Stock Leaders of 2012. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV