Audible Studios, the production arm of Audible.com, the world’s leading provider of digital spoken-word entertainment, secured a record 36 nominations for the 2012 Audie Awards, which honor outstanding audiobooks and other spoken-word performances. Winners will be announced by the Audio Publishers Association at the Audies Gala on June 5, 2012, at the New York Historical Society in New York City.
“The captivating audiobook performances recognized this year represent the enormous investment we’ve made in cultivating the art of performing literature,” said Audible.com founder and CEO Donald Katz. “The impressive number of nominations speaks for itself, and the broad diversity of nominated titles highlights the increasing breadth of artistic output that is popularizing the Audible listening experience.”
The 36 nominations represent a diverse array of audio entertainment:
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, performed by Elijah Wood, and Heart of Darkness, performed by Kenneth Branagh, highlight Audible’s embrace of the culture’s most gifted actors and its repositioning of long-form digital audio programming as a mainstream entertainment format.
- Macbeth: A Novel and METAtropolis: Cascadia are based on original works commissioned by Audible exclusively for audio performance; three of six finalists in the “Original Work” category were Audible Studios productions.
- The Land of Laughs, produced by Neil Gaiman for the Neil Gaiman Presents label at Audible.com, is an example of the exciting content generated by the company’s ACX (Audiobook Creation Exchange) initiative, which empowers audio rights holders to collaborate with performers and audio studios to bring more audio titles to listeners.
- Go the F**k to Sleep, performed by Samuel L. Jackson, is a short comedic piece that turned into a massive overnight viral phenomenon.
- The Darkest Surrender and Notorious are part of Audible’s longstanding production partnership with Harlequin, which has produced nearly 650 audio titles.
- Four of six audiobooks in the “Business/Educational” category were Audible Studios productions, underscoring Audible’s genre focus and commitment to building strong categories in audio.
With Audible Studios, Audible.com has become the largest producer of audio in the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV