"Stop & Shop is pleased to have the opportunity to extend its relationship with People's United Bank into New York state," said Don Sussman, Stop & Shop's New York Metro Division President. "Jointly, People's United, one of our first in-store partners, and Stop & Shop have identified the synergies of convenience and volume that exist for our customers who may shop and bank in the same trip. We are confident that the seamless transition will not disrupt our customers' shopping experience."
People's United was advised in this transaction by Jefferies & Company, Inc. as financial advisor and Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP as legal counsel. Citizens was advised by Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, Inc.
About People's United Financial, Inc. People's United Bank is a subsidiary of People's United Financial, Inc., a diversified financial services company with $28 billion in assets. People's United Bank, founded in 1842, is the largest independent bank headquartered in New England and provides commercial and retail banking, as well as wealth management services through a network of 369 branches in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New York, New Hampshire and Maine. Through its subsidiaries, People's United Financial provides equipment financing, brokerage and insurance services.
SOURCE People's United Financial, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV