Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) today reported Adjusted EBITDA of $294 million for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2011, an increase of $13 million, or 4.6 percent, compared to $281 million for the fourth quarter of 2010. The Adjusted EBITDA margin in the quarter was 13.2 percent, compared to 13.3 percent in the fourth quarter of 2010.
In the fourth quarter of 2011, the Company reported a net loss attributable to common shareholders of $76 million, or a loss of $0.17 per diluted share, compared to income of $74 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2010. These results included a $117 million pre-tax loss from early extinguishment of debt incurred in relation to Tenet’s strategy to extend debt maturities and reduce future interest expense. Excluding impairment, litigation and investigation costs, loss from early extinguishment of debt, and valuation tax adjustments from both fourth quarters, income from continuing operations, net of tax, was $42 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, compared to $43 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2010.
“We recorded our eighth consecutive year of growth in Adjusted EBITDA which grew to $1.145 billion in 2011, a 9.0 percent increase over 2010,” said Trevor Fetter, president and chief executive officer. “The growth would have been even stronger had we been able to close some of the favorable payer settlements we have been working on for a number of months. Because the settlements remain likely, we are raising our 2012 Outlook for Adjusted EBITDA to a new range of $1.225 billion to $1.350 billion. We also recorded our fifth consecutive quarter of growth in adjusted admissions which grew by 1.3 percent. The favorable growth in patient volumes, combined with strong pricing growth, enabled us to achieve a 5.4 percent increase in net operating revenues in the quarter.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV