- Fortress declared a fourth quarter 2011 dividend of $0.05 per share. The dividend will be paid on March 15, 2012 to holders of record as of the close of business on March 12, 2012.
- Assets under management of $43.7 billion as of December 31, 2011, down 2% from $44.6 billion as of December 31, 2010.
- 2011 GAAP net loss of $1.1 billion, an increase of 43% from a net loss of $782 million in 2010. GAAP net loss attributable to Class A shareholders in 2011 was $432 million, an increase of 52% from a net loss of $285 million in 2010; 2011 GAAP net loss of $2.36 per diluted share, an increase of 29% from a net loss of $1.83 per diluted share in 2010.
- Pre-tax distributable earnings (DE) of $242 million in 2011, down 35% from $372 million in 2010; pre-tax DE of $0.46 per dividend paying share in 2011, down 36% from $0.72 per dividend paying share in 2010.
- Fund management DE of $253 million in 2011, down 29% from $358 million in 2010.
- GAAP book value per share of $2.14 as of December 31, 2011, up 8% from $1.98 per share as of December 31, 2010. Net cash and investments of $2.17 per dividend paying share as of December 31, 2011, up 19% from $1.82 per dividend paying share as of December 31, 2010.
- Raised $4.2 billion of new third-party capital during 2011, $2.0 billion of which was included in assets under management as of December 31, 2011. The remaining $2.2 billion is capital committed to our funds by investors that will become assets under management when called. Of the $4.2 billion raised, $2.2 billion was in Credit Private Equity Funds, $1.3 billion was in Liquid Hedge Funds, $434 million was in Credit Hedge Funds, $220 million was in Castles and $51 million was in Private Equity.
Fortress Reports Fourth Quarter & Year End 2011 Financial Results And Announces Fourth Quarter 2011 Dividend Of $0.05 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.