- Fortress declared a fourth quarter 2011 dividend of $0.05 per share. The dividend will be paid on March 15, 2012 to holders of record as of the close of business on March 12, 2012.
- Assets under management of $43.7 billion as of December 31, 2011, down 2% from $44.6 billion as of December 31, 2010.
- 2011 GAAP net loss of $1.1 billion, an increase of 43% from a net loss of $782 million in 2010. GAAP net loss attributable to Class A shareholders in 2011 was $432 million, an increase of 52% from a net loss of $285 million in 2010; 2011 GAAP net loss of $2.36 per diluted share, an increase of 29% from a net loss of $1.83 per diluted share in 2010.
- Pre-tax distributable earnings (DE) of $242 million in 2011, down 35% from $372 million in 2010; pre-tax DE of $0.46 per dividend paying share in 2011, down 36% from $0.72 per dividend paying share in 2010.
- Fund management DE of $253 million in 2011, down 29% from $358 million in 2010.
- GAAP book value per share of $2.14 as of December 31, 2011, up 8% from $1.98 per share as of December 31, 2010. Net cash and investments of $2.17 per dividend paying share as of December 31, 2011, up 19% from $1.82 per dividend paying share as of December 31, 2010.
- Raised $4.2 billion of new third-party capital during 2011, $2.0 billion of which was included in assets under management as of December 31, 2011. The remaining $2.2 billion is capital committed to our funds by investors that will become assets under management when called. Of the $4.2 billion raised, $2.2 billion was in Credit Private Equity Funds, $1.3 billion was in Liquid Hedge Funds, $434 million was in Credit Hedge Funds, $220 million was in Castles and $51 million was in Private Equity.
Fortress Reports Fourth Quarter & Year End 2011 Financial Results And Announces Fourth Quarter 2011 Dividend Of $0.05 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.