Fortress Investment Group LLC (NYSE: FIG) today reported its fourth quarter and year end 2011 financial results.
- Fortress declared a fourth quarter 2011 dividend of $0.05 per share. The dividend will be paid on March 15, 2012 to holders of record as of the close of business on March 12, 2012.
- Assets under management of $43.7 billion as of December 31, 2011, down 2% from $44.6 billion as of December 31, 2010.
- 2011 GAAP net loss of $1.1 billion, an increase of 43% from a net loss of $782 million in 2010. GAAP net loss attributable to Class A shareholders in 2011 was $432 million, an increase of 52% from a net loss of $285 million in 2010; 2011 GAAP net loss of $2.36 per diluted share, an increase of 29% from a net loss of $1.83 per diluted share in 2010.
- Pre-tax distributable earnings (DE) of $242 million in 2011, down 35% from $372 million in 2010; pre-tax DE of $0.46 per dividend paying share in 2011, down 36% from $0.72 per dividend paying share in 2010.
- Fund management DE of $253 million in 2011, down 29% from $358 million in 2010.
- GAAP book value per share of $2.14 as of December 31, 2011, up 8% from $1.98 per share as of December 31, 2010. Net cash and investments of $2.17 per dividend paying share as of December 31, 2011, up 19% from $1.82 per dividend paying share as of December 31, 2010.
- Raised $4.2 billion of new third-party capital during 2011, $2.0 billion of which was included in assets under management as of December 31, 2011. The remaining $2.2 billion is capital committed to our funds by investors that will become assets under management when called. Of the $4.2 billion raised, $2.2 billion was in Credit Private Equity Funds, $1.3 billion was in Liquid Hedge Funds, $434 million was in Credit Hedge Funds, $220 million was in Castles and $51 million was in Private Equity.
“In a challenging market, we maintained assets under management, attracted substantial new capital commitments, deepened our client base globally and delivered positive financial performance,” said Randal Nardone, Fortress’s Interim Chief Executive Officer. “We continue to benefit from a highly diversified business model. Levels of activity are strong across our businesses, and we believe investment opportunities continue to align with our deepest wells of experience and expertise.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV