Tesco Corporation Stock Upgraded (TESO)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 15.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 42.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TESO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.12, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 895.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.16 million to $11.50 million.
- TESCO CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TESCO CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.69 versus $0.19 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 11.6% in earnings ($0.61 versus $0.69).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.