Finally, our 2011 results include a $5.5 million, or $0.07 per share, after-tax charge related to a restructuring of our international operations. As I noted, the performance of our international operations has been affected by the economic turbulence in Europe and the impact of the Arab Spring in the Middle East.
In the fourth quarter, we took actions to address the slowdown, including reducing our work forces in these markets and consolidating systems and offices. Early results would indicate that these actions have been successful and we now have our international operations on a solid footing.
Including these charges, we reported a net loss of $465.8 million, or $6.03 per share. Excluding these charges, net income as adjusted for both years, was $274.2 million in 2011 compared with $267 million in 2010. EPS, as adjusted for both years, were $3.53 in 2011 compared to $3.28 per share in 2010.
Reconciliation of net income and earnings per share with and without those charges is provided in the reconciliation schedule available on our website at www.urs.com and in our earnings press release.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV