Virginia Commerce Bank (the “Bank”) proudly announces the addition of Mark S. Merrill as Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), effective February 21, 2012. Mr. Merrill is also the Chief Financial Officer for the holding company, Virginia Commerce Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company”), and serves as Principal Accounting Officer for both the Bank and the Company.
Mr. Merrill joins the Bank with extensive experience in the financial services and accounting industries, and most recently served as Executive Vice President and CFO for Tower Bancorp, Inc. (Harrisburg, PA) until its merger earlier this month with Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc. Prior to joining Tower, Mr. Merrill served as Vice President of Accounting Policy and Financial Controls for Waypoint Financial Corp. and Waypoint Bank and as a Senior Associate in the financial services practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. Mr. Merrill assumed his new position with Virginia Commerce Bank from Wilmer L. Tinley, Jr., who came out of retirement in March of last year to serve as the interim CFO after the untimely passing of the Bank’s longstanding CFO, Bill Beauchesne.
“I am excited to be part of the executive management team at Virginia Commerce Bank,” said Merrill. “The Bank has a legacy of success in what is arguably the strongest market in the nation. My wife and two sons are thrilled to be in Northern Virginia and I look forward to working with management to continue to drive the Bank’s strong performance.”
Peter A. Converse, President and CEO, commented, “The Board and executive management are delighted to welcome Mark to our team. We will benefit from his impressive accounting and financial services background, diverse strategic planning experience and strong leadership skills as we continue our progress toward $3 billion in assets and beyond.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV