Select Comfort Corporation (NASDAQ: SCSS) today announced that, effective June 1, 2012, chief operating officer (COO), Shelly Ibach, will succeed Bill McLaughlin as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the company. In anticipation of her new role, Ms. Ibach also has been appointed to the board of directors, effective immediately. As part of the succession, Mr. McLaughlin also will retire as a director of the board, effective June 1, 2012.
“Select Comfort is committed to setting a new standard in sleep for the consumer. This transition in leadership underscores the board’s confidence in both the magnitude of the opportunity and the strength of the operating team,” explained Jean-Michel Valette, chairman, Select Comfort Board of Directors. “Shelly’s deep experience in retail, brand and product combined with her talent for developing high-performing, customer-centric teams make her the right leader to build on the strong foundation established by Bill.”
For the past 18 months, Ms. Ibach has been one of the key architects behind the company’s profitable-growth formula – an integrated, customer-focused strategy that combines increasing brand and store awareness with accelerated local-market development; elevating the in-store and service experience; and advancing product innovation. The result has been sustained profitable growth, as most recently demonstrated by the company’s strong 2011 performance, reported Feb. 8, 2012.
“I’m excited to assume leadership of the company during such an important time in our evolution,” said Ms. Ibach. “Sleep Number’s differentiated products, ownership of all consumer touch points and mission-driven team, means we are in the unique position to offer an unparalleled brand experience for customers. By fully leveraging these attributes, we can transform a large, undifferentiated industry and become an iconic brand.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV