NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by throughout the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
iPath Dow Jones UBS Natural Gas Subindex Total Return ETN (GAZ) 8.5%
The impact of the approximately 60% premium underlying GAZ can be seen at the start of the week as the ETN heads higher. At the same time that GAZ is topping the winner's list, the United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG), which also tracks a basket of natural gas futures contracts, is locked in negative territory, dipping nearly 3%.
SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF (XHB) 1.7%Warren Buffett admitted in his Berkshire Hathaway shareholder letter that his recent forecasts for the housing market were "dead wrong." This billionaire investor is not ready to give up on real estate however. On the contrary, in an interview with CNBC, Buffett explained that if he had the ability, he would be buying up single-family homes at this time. I still hold reservations towards the residential side of the housing sector. Investors looking to for a play on real estate should turn to a REIT-backed fund like the iShares Dow Jones U.S. Real Estate Index Fund (IYR). Market Vectors Vietnam ETF (VNM) 1.7% The Vietnam ETF is kicking off the new week on a strong note, pushing to its seventh consecutive day of gains. With this early-week win, VNM has ascended to its September highs. As with any fast-moving ETF, however, investors should use extreme caution here. Other regions of Asia are not faring as well. The iShares MSCI South Korea Index Fund (EWY) is off over 1% in early afternoon trading.
LosersMarket Vectors India Small Cap Index ETF (SCIF) -4.7% In this morning's,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV