- Visa has certified Intel’s Smartphone Reference Device powered by the Intel® Atom™ processor Z2460 for use with Visa payWave, Visa’s mobile payment technology that enables consumers to make fast and secure payments at retail locations by simply waving their mobile phone in front of a payment terminal. This will enable turn-key implementation for OEMs delivering NFC-enabled smartphones.
- The Intel Smartphone Reference Device will host the Visa payWave payment application and features NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, the short range communications standard that enables mobile phones to securely transmit payment information to a payment terminal.
- When used in combination with a Visa-compliant UICC, smartphones based on the Intel Smartphone Reference Device handset can be enabled to connect to Visa Inc.’s mobile provisioning service providing financial institutions and mobile operators the means to securely download Visa payment account information and the Visa payWave application “over the air” to a secure chip on an NFC-equipped smartphone. The connection to Visa’s mobile provisioning service can be enabled by a Trusted Services Management platform, such as Giesecke & Devrient’s (G&D) platform.
Visa And Intel Form Strategic Alliance To Advance Mobile Commerce
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts